Thursday, February 5, 2009

Vladimir's Website... and My Weird Head

Susanne, the owner of Vladimir and Hero, has set up a website for fans of her cat, and her photography. You can visit his webpage at http://www.vladimirpunikki.com/ - besides information about Vladimir, and several photo galleries of him, there are videos of him and Hero playing together. Since Susanne has set up Vladimir's own website, I'll stop posting photos of him on my blog. If you'd like to see more of Vladimir and/or Hero, please visit www.webshots.com; and enter their names in the Search box. If you enter Vladimir's full name (Vladimir Punikki), you'll get photos of just him; otherwise, you'll see all sorts of folks named Vladimir!

If you're reading this, you're probably pretty well acquainted with me; you know I'm weird. And I accept that I'm weird - and I will be 'til I die. But something really weird/odd occurred today... I have masses of freckles on my face and body. I have a tiny mole that sits above my right eyebrow, and for the past few weeks, it, and some other spots on the right side of my forehead have been 'bothering' me. They have itched and felt raw to the touch, and seemed to be raised. I figured I had a nice little case of skin cancer and have made an appointment to be seen for it. Monday evening, all the spots were itching like mad - and as I was concentrating on research, I wasn't really aware that I was worrying these spots with my fingernails, as well. I finally realized that (a) my forehead spots were sore and (b) that all four spots felt as if there were beads embedded under the skin. Being me, I worried one a bit more, and suddenly, this hard little rock-like thing came out of the skin; and then I removed them from the other spots. I took them and grabbed one, the largest, with a pair of tweezers and tried to cut it in half with my finest-blade of my art knife. I couldn't cut it, and the blasted thing popped out of the tweezers and made an explosive sound when it hit the mirror and then ricocheted out of sight. The same happened with all the other pieces, too. All of the items I removed from my forehead had a very irregular shape (like tiny glass shards) and were whitish/off-white with tinges of pink. So. Do I have pieces of broken bone working their way out of my skin? I mean, I did break my skull from side to side, as well as at the occipital bones, but.... After removal, one could not even see the spots I'd taken them from. There was no pain yesterday... but now it seems as if the inside of my skull hurts underneath the "spots." Hmmm... Oh, well... I'm just definitely weird.

And a bit of "News of the Weird": yesterday in Colorado Springs, a man in a ski mask used a Klingon ceremonial sword (a bat'leth) to rob two 7-11 stores. He managed to get an unknown amount of cash from the first store, but had to leave without money at the second. And: I had to laugh when I read a newspaper story that said, "... according to the Boulder Valley School District, the school closure is due to an accidental water main break..." My question is, does the BVSD have planned water main breaks? - Ta-ta for now!

No comments: