Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Westminster Dog Show & Lincoln

After last night, the world knows four of the finalists for Best in Show at Westminster: the Scottish Wolfhound, the Scottish Terrier, the Standard Poodle, and the Puli. Tonight should be interesting.... We're expecting snow this afternoon/evening and we certainly need it. The sun is shining in a partly cloudy sky, but to the west clouds are building up, even though the sun is gleaming icily on the snow covered peaks of the Back Range. The kits are sitting inside, looking out, even though the patio door is open; and NOAA recorded a wind gust of 81 mph yesterday afternoon here (I would call that slightly gusty, wouldn't you?).... And I called the Harvest House yesterday to report their balcony curtains blowing in the wind, and it turned out that both rooms were vacant, so the manager thanked me for reporting it.

I'm off to see Dr. Shapiro this morning, returning a few library books on the way; then I'm off to walk the Irish kids from there. I've been looking at some of my husband's relatives that I don't have much information on (doing my genealogy digging). I knew that Jeff's great-great-grandfather had participated in Abraham Lincoln's First Inaugural Parade; yesterday I found out that his 4th-great Uncle had participated in the capture of John Wilkes Booth in King George County, Virginia. Both the Devine and Rollins family have historic ties to Lincoln - wow! And my brother-in-law's cousin was the sculptor of Lincoln for the Lincoln Memorial....

No comments: