Friday, February 6, 2009

Westminster Dog Show

Madison Square Garden and New York City are once again hosting one of the canine kingdom's most prestigious events, the Westminster Dog Show. 2,500 dogs representing 170 breeds will enter Madison Square Garden in pursuit of Best In Show honors at the 133rd annual event. Live Opening Night Coverage begins Monday, February 9th at 8/7C on USA before switching to CNBC at 9/8C. USA will broadcast the complete Closing Night competition at 8/7C on Tuesday, February 10th. Every year, video clips of the breed competition are shot and posted on the Westminster Dog Show web page, at http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/ , within two hours of each event. This allows viewers to virtually follow the progression of dogs in each breed as they vie to be Best of Breed and win the right to advance to the Group competition and a chance for Best In Show. I hope you enjoy it - I know that I shall!

It reached 67 degrees yesterday, and after a week of temperatures in the 50s and 60s, we still have ice in drainage and irrigation ditches. There's a cold front coming in today - snow is already falling on the Continental Divide, while it's 50 here. We're expecting a rain/snow mix on Sunday and then again in mid-week. We really need the rain, snow, whatever. We're also under a Code Red Fire Watch from 11 a.m. through this evening, because it's been so dry and so warm and we're expecting high winds this afternoon (ahead of the cold front). The Irish kids are going to the groomers' today, so I'll be walking them late this afternoon... Hopefully, there won't be any gusts over 40 mph while we're out and about...

The kits have been stuck to me like glue for the last several days. I've been working on my husband's Gingell family connections, and just posted 77+ pages on Kevin & Etoye's website. I think Lovey is jealous of the time and "attention" the monitor gets. She's begun sitting squarely in front of the monitor, and each time I move my head to see around her, she moves accordingly to block my view. She spent most of yesterday sleeping on my legs, and most of yesterday evening on my chest, and last night under the covers with me in bed. I'm not sure what's up with her right now... And, thank you, cousin Sarah, for recommending the use of Otomax for the bite on Lovey's tail!! It's done wonders already.

No comments: