Friday, February 20, 2009

Windy!!

I've finally reached my place today - the kits are playing through the open patio door, and the wind is picking up again. I took Rosie and Remy on an early morning walk , and we scooted back in the house before there were a couple of blasts that would have knocked all of us off our feet. I had been asked to help a lady learn to use the local bus system, but our time together was cut short, so I just had time to give her maps and bus schedules before my sis dropped me off here at home. The Bobcat Ridge fire is only 70% contained today at noon - the winds are wreaking havoc.... and one can see the smoke from downtown Boulder.

I started our last night with Rosie in bed with me, and, sometime when I was sound asleep, Remy got in Rosie's spot - I awoke to him licking my face this morning. I've caught both of the kids on their hind legs, trying to paw open the pantry doors this morning - there are a few brownies left in there, and my bag of pretzels... I need to turn the water on for the backyard water-feature when I return... between the winds, sun, and extremely low humidity, the water level just keeps dropping; and I figure I can remove some more leaves while I'm out and about there. I also saw a neat creation that now allows people at home to convert their 35mm slides into digital photos, and then they an be cropped, edited, whatever... I'm gonna show it to my brother-in-law later this afternoon.

Will try to get more in here tomorrow!!!

No comments: