Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Banichi

Banichi caused me to laugh myself silly this morning: he was lying, belly down, on the ground, intently watching a squirrel that was making its way to the peanut feeder. Then the squirrel realized that Banichi was watching him, and changed its direction, so it was headed directly at Banichi's face. The squirrel would make several jumps forward, the pause, stand up on its hind legs, give Banichi another appraising look, and then move closer. When the squirrel was about 18 inches away from him, Banichi ran forward to grab the squirrel. The squirrel casually jumped up in the air, landed where Banichi had been (essentially it vaulted over him) and continued on its way to the peanuts. Banichi was extremely confused and was looking all around trying to figure out where the squirrel has disappeared to - I had to go into the bathroom and laugh, so 'Nichi wouldn't see me laughing at him.

I received an offer from a group to place advertisements on my blog this morning. I read it, and filed it away. Advertising might run America, but if there is any way that I can continue to blog without advertising, I will. I would feel that, no matter what ads were placed on my site, it would imply that I was in support of whatever was advertised - as that is not the case, and I'm just blogging for fun (and therapy), I won't subject my readers to ads. I feel that they detract from the fun of the blog - and I don't want anyone to feel obligated in any way, shape, or form, to read my natterings, or to purchase products.

It's grey and overcast again this morning - we received no more precipitation yesterday, although the winds did pick up in the late afternoon. My walk this morning was interrupted by a stop to watch three herring gulls in a parking lot being strafed from the sky by two crows. - And I just had to pause in writing because Banichi chased a squirrel into the apartment; the squirrel doubled back quickly, and left 'Nichi spinning his wheels on the tile floor. - The winds are supposed to pick up again this afternoon, and the weather folks are forecasting "measurable" snow for Thursday and Friday. I'm still in the wait-and-see mode about that... Lovey is demanding attention, so I'll give her a bunch of love before heading out to walk the Irish Setters.

No comments: