Sunday, March 22, 2009

Brandi and I

Brandi and I had a nice, quiet night, reading Susanna Gregory's first chronicle of Matthew Batholomew (set in 1438 in Cambridge). We also had a nice, quiet walk this morning, and I saw many deer, three fox, and large numbers of birds, including a great horned owl. I've traveled back home to blog and love, feed , and care for my kits - both are outside, convinced that the birds can't see them, flattened out on the concrete patio. They greeted me with tales of being starved, and after I fed them minced fish in gravy and they washed their whiskers, they were ready to go out and play... I'll be back late this afternoon/early evening for the night, and then this up-coming week I'll be stopping by to care for Ooch twice a day, but I'll sleep with my kits.

The storm that was supposed to bring us rain and/or snow tomorrow has stayed too much to the north, and will dump snow on Wyoming and Nebraska, instead of us. We have a chance of rain showers tonight and tomorrow night. I had purchased a latex dumbbell for Brandi, because she loves toys that squeak - but she also likes furry, fuzzy toys; she has ignored the dumbbell, so I'll be giving that to Suki and Boo, and getting her a furry toy that squeaks. Me?!? Spoil my pets? Spoil the pets I take care of? - Never! - I just love them a lot!

With this warm weather, the bears are out of hibernation; and when my brother-in-law went running in the mountains near Lyons yesterday, according to other people he passed on the trail, he just missed seeing a family of mountain lions taking a drink at the stream, as well as several bears who were out looking for berries. He was glad he did not encounter them, as his energy gel became uncapped and his running buddies informed him that he reeked of honey and raspberries. - The bears would definitely have loved to get hold of him - or, rather, his pack!

No comments: