Saturday, March 28, 2009

Smiley needs a home!

The sun is brightly shining causing quite a bit of glare as it's reflecting off the snow. I stopped in the bakery for a warm bagel after my walk this morning, and ran into a group of two Moms and 7 children, who were seeking to purchase sunglasses before going out on the slopes to ski. I would have recommended that they go to McGuckin's for their purchase, but they didn't want to make another stop. With yesterday afternoon's sun, and this morning's, a slight crust has developed on the top of the snow that's in the back yard - squirrels and birds can now travel across it without sinking; Lovey, much to her disgust, still sinks (Banichi hasn't even attempted to try).
With the exception of towing companies, most businesses in the Boulder - Denver area suffered losses and/or just closed early due to the snow on Thursday. A lot of long-time Boulderites got out their cross-country skis if they had to go somewhere. I took about a three-mile walk this morning - even with my Yak Trax on I was slipping and sliding on the ice that had built up under the snow. Sledders, snowboarders and skiers were out in force yesterday and today - me, I'll stay at home with the kits and a good book and/or old movies. Thursday evening I enjoyed watching Leslie Howard in The Scarlet Pimpernel...
One of my friends is looking for a good home for a young, energetic dog... Smiley is currently 11 months old, weighs 54 pounds, and loves people and other dogs. She is spayed, and looks like a German Short-haired Pointer (but she has no papers). Her owner runs with her twice a day, and Smiley still has energy to spare... She is house-broken and crate-trained, and has passed puppy-school obedience classes. She will need a large yard and someone who is willing to spend a lot of time and energy working with her - she would be a great family dog, she loves kids - but she needs some way to expend her boundless energy. If any of you know of someone looking to give a nice dog a good home, please let me know!


No comments: