Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sun and Wind

The sun is shining and the wind is blowing. I strolled to the grocery store this morning and decided that if I was going to walk the Irish kids today, I'd better not walk any further this morning. (What a wimp!) After yesterday's fall, my foot will just barely fit into my sneaker, and my knee still has a huge bubble of fluid sitting on top of it... but I've taken my naproxen, and so, hopefully, will be able to survive a good walk with Rosie and Remy. I'm still keeping that foot and knee elevated and am frequently icing them.

The fire down at Fort Carson is being called the "Quarry Fire." It's still burning out of control, although local news just stated that the eastern fire-line, near the town of Fountain is "under control." Today is another day of high winds and Red Flag Fire Warnings - and there is no knowing how far and fast this fire will continue to burn. Currently it is reported that no homes or dwellings are near the fire - of course, that only takes human homes and dwellings into account....

Lovey and Banichi are playing in the wind, running in and out of the apartment, and chasing one another. The feeders are being heavily visited by the smaller birds and our usual cadre of squirrels. The trench that was dug last week in the backyard is still empty, but I have seen a partially filled trench in the front yard that contains a 2-inch rubberized pipe... What it's for I have no idea!

No comments: