Monday, March 9, 2009

Turkey, Havarti & Asparagus Wrap

It's still quite dark outside - I took my morning walk in the dark (with a temperature of 26), though the city lights were reflected back by a heavy cloud cover, making the sky seem a luminous blue-grey. I had a marvelous lunch yesterday - warmed up a tortilla in the skillet, place a thin layer of turkey breast on it, placed a layer of dilled Havarti cheese over that, then a second layer of turkey; meanwhile I steamed 4 spears of asparagus, and patted them dry. Once the cheese was beginning to melt, I added the asparagus, and had a really good "wrap-type" sandwich. I think I'll make another today...

The humidity here yesterday was at 2% - and there were multiple grass and brush fires around the area. Our weather guys say we might get a few snow flurries tonight and into Tuesday - while the mountains to the west will get 5 to 10 inches of the white stuff... Today is also the first day of our apartment complex's official inspection by the City of Boulder - each apartment will be inspected for electrical and plumbing specifications, as well as for smoke and fire detectors. I've posted a note on my door stating that I work (walking the Irish kids) mornings, and, if possible, that they inspect my place after 12:30 - so I can make sure the kits don't escape out into the hallway when the door is opened.

And yesterday my favorite Rockies baseball player returned to the game after almost a year off due to injury. At his first at bat, Todd Helton hit a homer! That made my day yesterday, as well as having the Encore Western channel on for the afternoon and early evening - I got to see a Gene Autry movie, a Vaughn Monroe movie (in which he sang "Mule Train"), Legends of the American West hosted by Harry Carey, Jr., Drums Along the Mohawk and The Big Country - a truly satisfying afternoon of entertainment!

No comments: