Monday, April 13, 2009

Magnetism

I guess my animal magnetism is still working full force - after spending last night cuddled with Hila, I walked over to take Rosie and Remy for their walk this morning. On the way, I picked up two dogs with collars and tags - both Golden Labs - an older female and a younger male. Aspen and Chewy were very friendly and walked with me to the Irish kids house. There is a leash law in Boulder - but these dogs had voice and sight command tags (meaning they could be off their leash) and another tag stating before calling the phone number listed, please look in the area for a "Hazardous Tree Removal Truck." I could not see the truck, but I could hear chain saws and heavy machinery on Poplar, so I didn't worry about them.

After greeting and harnessing the two Rs, we went outside, but Aspen and Chewy were no longer in sight. Remy and Rosie and I walked around the local elementary and middle schools and then stopped to visit Hila, and then stopped to see Suki and Boo. As we left the Sammies, Gus, a neighbor's dog joined us and walked with us to his house. Gus stayed at his home, and we wandered on towards the Rs' house - only to meet an elderly male Golden, with a heavy chain collar and numerous tags. Sniffs were done all around, and apparently everything was hunky-dorey because this dog walked with us to the front door of the Irish kids' home. I went back to Hila and loved her some more, then made sure that the chicken had plenty of fresh, clean water before walking to the bus stop. On my way to the bus, I was within 8 feet of a female fox who paused and looked at me, and then continued on her way - without any change in course.

It stayed grey all yesterday, and developed into a light rain about 2 and then again about 5. Around 7, it turned to snow, but it was just enough to coat the grass and the roof of Hila's family's car. This morning arrived bright and sunny - clouds have moved in this afternoon, but we are not expecting rain or snow until Thursday or Friday, when another front moves through. Trees are in bud, grass is coming up nice and green, and the wild plum trees are in blossom. The Boulder Farmer's Market opened on Saturday and was very busy. (Sarah - Sandstorm is super!!!) It's nice to be back home with the kits, though....

No comments: