Saturday, April 4, 2009

Rain and snow equals ICE


The rain yesterday afternoon was a fairly good shower that continued for about 45 minutes. Then the sun started shining again, and our high temperature was 63. It started raining again about 9 last night, and by 10, it was a rain and snow mix. By midnight, there was snow on the ground, and this morning there is about one inch of the white stuff... but it's sitting on top of the frozen rain, so walking is fairly treacherous. I did fine wearing my Yak Trax over my snow boots earlier - and our temperature is now 25. I let the kits run outside, but after just a couple of minutes, they both returned to the warmth of the bed.


My friend Jane, who has Suki's grandson (Kohlbi), was hospitalized yesterday. She's been doing extremely well, and has beaten the odds so far in her fight with pancreatic cancer. She was diagnosed on March 16 last year, and told she had 3 to 6 months to live. Within 2 months, she had married her beau, and gotten all her affairs in order for her demise... On April 25, she will celebrate her first wedding anniversary, and I'll be at her and Mike's house to take care of their critters. The hospitalization yesterday was sudden and unexpected - she needed whole blood and platelets - but her MD thinks she'll be released this evening. I am rooting for her!


Not much else is going on... the big snow storm seems to have died down, but the forecasters are now saying, "Just wait... it's only been delayed..."... Jay Cutler is now a Chicago Bear, not a Denver Bronco, and I say "Good riddance!" ... Ward Churchill stated last night that the finding for him, by the jury in his civil case against CU, shows that the judge should have him re-instated at full pay in his old position at CU Boulder, and that he should receive all his lost pay as well. ... CU is planning on expanding their campus to the east, and is floating the idea that they should have a ski-slope type gondola system running between the main and east campuses (campi?) to move faculty and students in a "greener" way than buses and car-driving. (I live next to the main campus.)... And my psychiatrist, upon hearing of my bird-feeding ban, called my manager a curmudgeon, as well as two other names that I can't list and keep this a G-rated blog...
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: