Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Rs

As I went to bed early last night, and woke up at 4 this morning, I thought I'd have finished my blog well before now.... but there was a bunch of new down-loads and updates, and it's taken nearly two hours for everything to get going again. So I had my walk early this morning, only seeing a couple of raccoons and bats out and about with me. At 6:30, Monty was at the patio door, so I gave him some nuts; and gave the kits some Temptations as treats as well. Yesterday evening, I had the patio door closed and I realized it was shaking; looking out, I discovered Monty, wanting more nuts. I guess I'll be feeding him twice a day now.

Just before I went to bed I received an e-mail asking if the rabbit hutch was still available; I called Kathy and Jim at 8:10 (a short while ago) to ask if the hutch was still there, and woke them up. Apparently Jim turned his alarm off and they both went back to sleep - Kathy sounded panicked when I told her how late it was. Rosie, Remy, and I had a fantastic walk yesterday - we took a long route over to the middle school baseball and football fields, then up to the assisted living home, west on 36 and then back along the creek to visit Suki and Boo for a few minutes. The dogs had a blast seeking squirrels in K & J's backyard, Rosie had a few good runs chasing her bone, and it seems that Boo has almost finished blowing her undercoat... And I'll be wearing my sunshade today, trying not to get burned.

I've almost finished The Judas Strain and am ready to start The Last Oracle... I have 5 new history books that I need/want to read, also. We're expecting a high of 75 today, 65 tomorrow and 55 on Friday - rain might occur Friday through Monday. Saturday is the Kentucky Derby, and horse fever is once more rearing it's head within my system. I'll try to see the post draw for the Derby on ESPN today, and see what odds Mike Bataglia has assigned the different entries. I'll be house-sitting for Rosie and Remy during Pony Penning and the following 2 weeks - so I can't say that I'll go stir-crazy at that time! Have a good hump-day!

No comments: