Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tueday (Yes, the misspelling is deliberate!)

The sun is trying to break through the clouds this morning. Yesterday at 2:30 in the afternoon, the Flatirons were still obscured by clouds, mist and fog while I was on my way back from seeing my therapist. With 3 days left in April, we have had 5.86 inches of liquid precipitation so far this month - it's a record high for the past 10 years! Lovey, who has been curled up in my lap, just got a peculiar look on her face - I looked and saw that Monty, the squirrel, was perched on my toe, looking for his morning meal. As soon as I shifted, he bounded off and Lovey got into the cat tree (for better observation purposes, I'd guess); I put a handful of dry-roasted unsalted peanuts on the floor inside the door, and Monty has now seated himself for breakfast. Both cats have him under close inspection.

I'll be off walking the Irish kids in a little bit - yesterday's walk was cancelled by the family, as Rosie had played hard on Sunday and was very stiff and sore that night. My cousin Sarah found a treasure trove in her grandmother's house this weekend - a lot of old photos, an old family tree record, and lots of Super-8 film, including some still undeveloped film. She plans on sending it off to a firm here in Colorado that has processed old film for her before... And I finally got around to putting Sarah and Pam in contact with cousin Stephanie, whose family has been stationed back in the States (from Germany), about a two-hour drive from Sarah and Pam. - I put Kathy and Jim's two free rabbit hutches on Craig's List back on April 17th; one was taken on the 20th; last night I had three people contact me about the one remaining hutch within 45 minutes.... It's amazing what spring and spring weather brings about.

I'm getting more excited about the Kentucky Derby, to be run on Saturday... I guess spring, spring weather, and new grass affect me too! My therapist wants me to see if I can figure out a way to get involved with horses again... She looked at the photos of me with Avalon and Court Jester and said she had never seen me look so happy... Of course, she also wants me to get back to doing volunteer work at the Carnegie Library (history and genealogy) - I think her suggestions are due more to do with human interaction, rather than being blissful with more critters... The snow has disappeared from the ground down here, but it's still very visible up in the mountains - it's turning into a gorgeous day!

No comments: