Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday

Today appears to be a beautiful one - especially since I discovered my favorite weatherman was snatched up by a rival station back February, and I can now see his forecast several times a week. Nick Carter's contract "was not renewed" by the NBC Denver station, KUSA. I ranted about it in this blog some time ago.... Last night, while trying to ascertain channels available for background noise while doing research, I managed to click onto KDVR, Fox channel 31 - and there was Nick in all of his glory!! I will be watching their news and weather whenever Nick is scheduled to be on!

I hope that the number of chicks I was left with is 10 - I counted 10 when I got here, and I have had 10 at each head count - but something managed to get into the pen (not the coop) last night. I know this because I had given the chicks a handful of chopped apple pieces and there were 8 left when I put them in the coop last night. There were only 5 pieces left this morning - of course, it might have been field mice having a huge picnic.... I don't know.... I met new clients yesterday: two 12 year old Border Collies, named Sophie and Walt. They are absolutely lovely! And so loving - even though Walt knew there was "something up" - he kept giving his Mom these terribly woeful glances and eye rolls. But he licked me before I left, and so I am accepted as the family's new pet sitter. Sophie? I had a grand time massaging her spine and rubbing her belly... she was an easy conquest. Lucy and Pepper have been out for a morning walk with me, and both are now sound asleep. The chicks are enjoying their feed and fresh water and the new day... I'm getting ready to go to the bus stop and go home to my apartment to see my kits. Besides the kits being ravenous, and convinced that I'd never return, I'm sure that Gimpy has wreaked more havoc on my window screen - I plan to replace it on Thursday or Friday.

No comments: