Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Warm Tuesday

The sun rose behind some heavy clouds today, but managed to start shining before 7. There were 27 deer in the backyard yesterday evening, and Suki and Boo had a marvelous time chasing the entire herd off the property. Banichi has gotten used to having a Samoyed stay 6 to 12 inches behind his tail whenever he goes downstairs, and is starting to tease Boo. Lovey accepts the fact that the dogs are here, but she'd much rather have them outside - but then Lovey runs everywhere, which causes the dogs to chase her. The kits slept with me again last night, and Suki and Boo didn't start asking for breakfast until 6:15 this morning; they've accepted that Aunt Betty keeps the rules when she's here.

Had a great time walking Rosie and Remy yesterday - took them by the pre-school at the Quaker Meeting house, and got to see Remy completely engulfed by small children. He was a real prince! Rosie is more energetic, and between her looking around and wagging her tail, she frightened a few of the kids - but they all petted her, too. Then we walked over to Wonderland Lake and looked at the ducks and herons, after which I took them home. Today, after we walk, I'll bring them over to play in the backyard with Suki and Boo. We're expected to equal the previous record for high temperatures today - but it is Colorado, and today's weather update included this: "A quick look back in history shows that on this date in 1907 it was 73 degrees, not so remarkable until we consider the cold front that came through that night dropping 2 inches of snow on downtown Denver. The high temperature the next day was only 39 degrees! "

I finished reading The Last Oracle in a rush, as I couldn't put it down; and am now half-way through Bernard Cornwall's Agincourt. I might go see the new Star Trek movie today - I'll have to see how I feel later this afternoon. Of course it has a start time every hour (at 10 minutes past) from 11 a.m. through 1 a.m., so it's not as if I have only a few choices. - Of course, I do have to be home to see NCIS tonight, but other than that, I'm totally free!

No comments: