Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Weather, Critters

There was a nice breeze yesterday, so while we made a new record for high temperature, it was bearable - and then we had high-based thunderstorms build most of the afternoon. We saw no rain from storms, as it evaporated before getting to the ground, but there were several small fires caused by lightning strikes. It's already in the mid-60s, but we're not expecting another high record today; in fact, tomorrow's high will be only in the upper-50s, with low 60s Friday and through the weekend... nice spring weather, and with rain, to boot!

After our walk yesterday, I stopped off at Kathy and Jim's with Rosie and Remy. The trouble came in trying to leave and take them home - neither red kid wanted to leave, and I spent 30 minutes gathering them up. I could have used a treat as a bribe, but I don't like to do that, even though I may have to start. When we arrived there, Suki greeted us, but there was no sign of Boo - then I heard voices to the west, and saw Jim and Connie walking back along the ditch, and Jim was carrying Boo, who had climbed the fence and left on an adventure.... Banichi scared me yesterday; as long as I've had him, he's never coughed up a hairball - he did yesterday and then immediately disappeared. He didn't reappear for another 6 1/2 hours, and then was quite blase about it - turns out he'd made a nest in my jeans drawer that that open just a crack....

Robins started singing at 4:35 this morning, so that's when I got up and went walking - I couldn't get back to sleep. Of course, that meant I walked while it was nice and cool outside, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. ... The Denver Nuggets lost to the Lakers in the first playoff game by 2 points last night - and the Staples Center, which is hosting games 1 and 2 of the playoffs, has offered use of their place to Vince McMahon on Monday night, hoping to avoid the clash between the WWE and the NBA. ... I've read all my library books, and have just ordered two more books from the History Book Club, so I'll be stopping by the public library for new reading material for this (possibly) rainy weekend. Have a happy hump day!

No comments: