Thursday, July 23, 2009

Better Late?

Sorry this is hitting the 'net so late. I guess it's better to post late than never... I was hit by tummy flu at 3 a.m. this morning, followed up by a migraine headache. I've only been out of bed for a couple of hours, during which I had to make a bank deposit, switch out my ticket for tonight's play (going to the Saturday matinee instead), and stop in at Sunflower to thank Kathy for stopping by to check on me - even though I was out of it at the time... Lovey is currently sitting directly in front of me, blocking my view of the monitor. Pale green eyes with a few tiny golden wisps dotted about and thin black slits for pupils, surrounded by ebony skin - how beautiful. Banichi is sprawled in a wicker chair on the patio; the patio door is open, and I have the evening news on in the background.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Smiley and Silver - until I woke up ill this morning. They are both very eager to please and very loving - but Smiley has so much energy!!!! She is a sweetheart, and works hard to please - she needs a much younger person with tons of energy, several kids to help wear her out, and a huge yard to run in. I had to cancel my walk with the red kids because I felt so badly, but I plan on being there tomorrow. It's 92 degrees outside, with humidity at 29%... we're expecting the same for tomorrow, but then "unsettled weather" for Saturday through Tuesday with highs in the mid-80s, lows in the mid-50s, and thunderstorms in the afternoons. The weather person also thought to point out that if one is planning on camping up in the mountains between now and Wednesday, that the lows would be in the 30s, and to pack accordingly. The western areas of Denver are still cleaning up from Monday night's storm... And a final, solemn goodbye to Walter Cronkite.

No comments: