Monday, July 13, 2009

Different schedule

I am having to figure out a new morning routine, since I changed the red kids' walk time to an earlier hour. The kits are fine with whatever I do - as long as I feed them and let them pop out in the morning. - By the way, Banichi has bounced back to almost his usual self already. - Yesterday morning, Gimpy the squirrel reappeared for a meal of peanuts. I had hoped that since I had been gone for almost 3 weeks, that Gimpy would have found another place to feed. But I guess he just decided to stop by, "just in case...", and found the door open. He came in and chittered at me until I grabbed the nut jar and fed him. Watched The African Queen last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it, again. I have two chapters left of The Doomsday Key... I'll finish it when I return from walking the Rs. And I'll be taking Anne out for lunch on either Friday or Saturday for a belated birthday get together.

My week at home has been shortened, as I will be taking care of Brandi on Thursday and Friday - but taking care of Brandi is so simple that the only thing I'll miss is sleeping with the kits. As usual, not much else is going on, since it's summer. ... A filly beat four colts in the Juvenile Test Stakes in California this past weekend. ... I won something from Land's End via the web. The box has arrived, but I have yet to open it. ... Money Magazine has named Louisville, CO as the number one small town to live in. So Louisville is currently bursting with pride. ... Lovey is now stretched out on top of the desk and Banichi is stretched out on the tile in front of the TV.... I guess I'll close for now.

No comments: