Monday, July 6, 2009

Hot?

The sun is shining and we are expecting a "heat wave" this week. Local meteorologists say that a Colorado heat wave consists of 3 or more days in a row with temperatures of at least 90 degrees. It is currently 51 outside, and the humidity is at 93%. While I am typing this (one handed), I am also holding onto an otter toy and am pulling Aiko all around - I'm holding the tail and he has the neck in his mouth. Yoshi, full of breakfast after our walk, is asleep about five feet away on his bed. I'll be walking the red kids at about 9:30 and then I'll head home to my kits.

Luckily, Brandi's family found nothing else wrong with their house or property when they returned home; and it turns out the other home that got toilet-papered also has a soccer-playing son. We're guessing the t-p had to do with a rival team - or perhaps even with team mates. ... The local CBS station waited until Tiger Woods made his winning putt yesterday before breaking into the broadcast to announce the sighting of a tornado in Castle Rock. And the meteorologist asked that we please "note that" he did not interrupt the golf tournament until after Tiger was announced as the winner. I just had to laugh. I really enjoyed watching Tiger win, but had a tornado touched down near me, I would have preferred to have seen Tiger's winning shot a little later. ... Calvin Borel and the Mine That Bird team have parted ways - Mike Smith will ride the colt in his next two stakes races. ... And I'll be looking in on Ooch the next couple of days, while Connie is camping with her family. Ooch may be old and crotchety, but he has the most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen a cat have.
Have a good week!

No comments: