Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4 Pranks

Boulder celebrated the Fourth with over 1700 set fireworks at Folsom Field. Somebody (or some bodies) in north Boulder had a field day during that evening... I left Brandi around 11 p.m., after the fireworks last night, and walked past the 7 houses to Aiko and Yoshi's house. I had discovered earlier that instead of being frightened by fireworks, the two Shih Tzus believed the explosions were attacks against the house, and they were set to defend it, no matter what happened. I got up a few minutes after 5, let the boys out back, and fed them breakfast; then I walked back to Brandi's to let her out, etc. I stood in silence for a few moments when Brandi's house came into view. The front hedge, over six feet in height, had been toilet papered at three levels for it's entire length; the driveway had been decorated liberally with t-p and what I first thought was white paint (on closer inspection, the "paint" was dried shaving cream gel); the van was festooned with multiple swags of t-p, as were the walkways, the basketball hoop, and the fences along the driveway. The back door steps and door itself had more shaving gel sprayed all them. I noted everything, went in to Brandi, gave her her meds and let her out the back door. Then I called the sheriff's department - and I told them that if it were my house, I wouldn't have called, but since I was not the owner, I felt I should report the mischief. That was at 5:25 a.m.; the deputies showed up at 8:10 and helped me remove a great deal of the higher toilet paper. They then informed me that the same had been done to a house on Riverside - turns out this was done at two houses that each have teenage boys who play soccer.... Hmmmm......

I walked the little boys twice yesterday and once so far this morning; I have walked Brandi; I am now at home visiting my kits. And all I want to do is curl up in my bed and go to sleep. The kits are running in and out, no worse at all for the fireworks going off across the street - even though I'm pretty sure that Banichi either curled up in a bureau drawer, or hid himself under the bed. I'm pretty sure Lovey was disgusted because she couldn't get to whatever was making the noises - she always wants to explore loud sounds! She surprised me the other afternoon - she was inside, howling and growling out the window. I finally looked out to see she was ticked off by the presence of a grey and white pit bull on our patio. I'm with the little guys through the evening of Wednesday the 8th, and I start taking care of Silver and Smiley in the late afternoon of the 8th. Then I get a whole week at home with my kits!!! Celebrate, celebrate! Then another 6 days with Smiley and Silver; four days at home with the kits; and then 20 days away with the red kids. I will be very happy to be at home for a while in mid-August!!! I hope that today completes a wonderful weekend for you!

No comments: