Monday, August 3, 2009

Cats, Dogs, and Horses

Right now, I would be happy to have both of my knees removed - on the condition that I could still be able to walk, jog, run, etc... Grouse, grouse, grouse; I know, you didn't visit this blog to read about my complaints about my body. Yesterday felt warm after the past several days; it was 89 degrees here and the humidity was all of 30%. We're expecting 91 today with a lower humidity reading, but with possible thunderstorms in the late afternoon or early evening. - Kathryn, I'll send Fire and Ice to you via the PO tomorrow. - I've already fed and walked Suki and Boo, and Rosie and Remy, and I took a treat over to Brandi, too. Just got home to the kits, fed them, cleaned potty boxes, and then went and paid my rent. I have sweat running down the back of my head and neck, and I'm just sitting here at the desk, typing. Fall... I want Fall to be here now!!!! The kits seem to be doing well... Lovey is soaking up some rays at the moment, while Banichi is sprawled out on the desk between the keyboard and monitor. Kathy and Jim are due home this afternoon or evening, so I won't be running back and forth between Riverside and Topaz tomorrow... Rosie and Remy's family returns after midnight on Wednesday night/Thursday morning; I'll see my therapist and my psychiatrist on Thursday afternoon, and then it's just me and the kits until Monday!!! On Monday, I'll move in with Walt and Sophie, and on Friday I move in with Suki and Boo. Then the kits and I have two weeks off together!! (Yeah!!!)

Rachel Alexandra beat 6 colts yesterday in the Haskell Invitational at Monmouth Park. She won on a sloppy track by 6 lengths, under a hand ride by Calvin Borel; Summer Bird, winner of the Belmont was second, and Munnings was third. Rachel A. missed making a new stakes record by less than 2 seconds. ... I really enjoyed watching Tiger Woods win the Buick Invitational this weekend - he seems to be back in the swing of things. ... A 27-year-old woman is suing Monroe College for $70,000 in New York. She claims that was the amount of tuition she paid for her Internet Technology degree; and that Monroe has not helped her get a job in the IT field. (Gee, I didn't know you could sue a college or university because you're not employed!) Monroe College says that the case against them is bogus (those are my words, not the College's). ... Today I still need to pick up the doggie droppings in Kathy and Jim's yard (as well as Suki and Boo's kennel area), and be at the Rs house at 3 p.m. when the laundry lady comes by for 2 1/2 hours. I might make brownies tonight.... I think I could use a little chocolate.... And a salute to my cousin Sarah in Missouri - her four-legged family is growing slowly but surely. In the past 8 months, she has adopted two adult dogs and a kitten. My hat is off to you, Sarah!! I'd do it, also, if I had the space!! .... Have a great week!

No comments: