Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Very Nice Morning

It was 47 degrees in the backyard this morning. Our usual low for this time of year is 60 - and we're hoping for a high of 70 today, as a cold front drops in from Montana and Wyoming. Hail the size of golf balls was reported yesterday evening at Blue Mountain. Because of the cold front, we're expecting rain showers all afternoon, tonight, and tomorrow morning. (I must remember to take my bumbershoot with me when I leave today!) I forgot to purchase a ticket for yesterday's lottery, but since it was not won, I'll get a ticket for Wednesday's drawing... $245 million... wouldn't that be something?!? The kits are chasing each other in and out of the patio door, having stuffed themselves on beef and gravy for breakfast. Suki and Boo have been suspiciously well-behaved since Kathy and Jim left, and I keep poking around the house, trying to find some mischief they've been up to, but I haven't found anything. Last night, one of the girls did push open the gate and they both came upstairs and settled at my feet while I was on the computer, doing research. The only problem that arose was when Suki curled up under the desk, and laid down on the mouse cord, making it fly off the back of the desk - which surprised both of us.

I understand that the west coast of northern Florida is under a tropical storm warning, from Alabama down to the Suwanee. I hope there is no damage done to any of my friends, or their property. ... I have another bear story - a man and his wife built their retirement dream house on Red Feather Lakes, west of Fort Collins; they hike, fish, and love to ride his Harley - and they love pepperoni pizza. They rode into town and had a pizza, and brought the remains of it back with them in the fiberglass carrier on the rear of the bike. As soon as they arrived home, they transferred the pizza slices into the 'fridge in their house. The dogs awoke the couple, barking, around midnight. There were strange noises coming from the driveway. The man took a flashlight and went out to look. He was confounded to see his Harley laying on its side, with two baby bears and a momma bear attacking the carrier. He fired a rifle into the air and the bears left - having done more than $4,000 in damages to his Harley - just because they could still smell the pepperoni pizza.... I am hoping to attend the Estes Park Celtic Festival in September and then see a day of Cross Country Horse Trials in October down in Parker; we shall see. .... Please enjoy what is left of your weekend!

No comments: