Saturday, August 29, 2009

Vivid Dreams

It's a beautiful morning - and I've been lazily reading the news and watching Cheyenne on TV. The patio door is open, and Banichi and Lovey are sunning themselves, while watching Gimpy eat breakfast. There really isn't all that much going on here - Margaret Coel, one of my favorite local authors, just published a new Wind River mystery, The Silent Spirit (the review may be read at: http://www.dailycamera.com/entertainment/ci_13224188 ). Margaret is going to be answering questions and signing books in Boulder and Longmont for two nights only, and they are both scheduled while I'm taking care of Sophie and Walt at a house in between Boulder and Longmont. ... Ferris, the stolen and returned Dachshund puppy, has been adopted out to a new home "somewhere in Boulder County." ... I've had three extremely vivid dreams the last three nights; one had someone rushing into my bedroom and stating that Mom (who died in 2001) needed my help immediately, and I awoke sitting on the edge of my bed, with my shoes on. Another was about seeing a play, and becoming a part of the play, where one of my favorite actors was starring; and the third was about one of my favorite newscasters. They were all so real that I've had a difficult time shutting them out of my mind. ... And it just doesn't seem possible that September is almost here. Boulder has had an very cool and wet summer (for a place that is supposed to be "semi-arid"), and it has definitely affected my "feel" of the year.

No comments: