Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cats, Cats and Dogs

I think Alexy will be surprised to hear that both of her cats slept with me last night; Shady at my feet, and Cloudy beside my head. Cloudy has a problem in that she dislikes everyone and everything (except hunting) - she'll brush up against you, then turn around and hiss at you, and she does the same to her brother. Cloudy spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening searching the house for Alexy - trotting everywhere she could go, checking each and every room, and then coming back to stare at me, as if I was the one who made Alexy disappear. Hopefully, Alexy is having a marvelous time away from the house, the cats, her students, etc. Shady has already adopted me, but Cloudy will take some time. - Shady just saw me sitting at the desk, and came to the door, crying to be let in (there's a kitty door in the kitchen). He's just had a good rub and love and he's off again.

I have to admit I missed my kits last night... it dropped down to 38 here in the backyard last night, but is expected to be about 82 this afternoon. I'll be visiting the kits around noon, after I check in with Coffee, Rusty, and Sadie's owners this morning. Then I'm to meet Kathy and Jim and Anne at the Sunflower Natural Market at 4:30, where we'll get the food for a picnic and drive over to Chautauqua for a picnic prior to the PBS preview, which starts at 6. I thought I'd spend today watching college football, but Kathy and Jim announced they had purchased the tickets and it was a done deal. I'll miss the Florida - Kentucky game this afternoon/evening, and I really wanted to see that game. There is a whole raft of other games to be seen this morning and afternoon - but I had been looking forward to the Gators. (And, Go Mizzou!!! That was a handy and exciting win last night against Nevada!) The red kids were on exemplary behavior yesterday - we had a young woman run past with two dogs - an Akita and a black mix - that were throwing themselves at the end of their leads and barking like mad at us. Rosie and Remy sat - just sat - as I requested until the others were past and I gave them treats. I have to admit that Rosie barked back once, but considering the noise being directed at us, I thought the Rs were extremely well-behaved. Well - I need to fix breakfast, and get myself together. Have a good weekend!


No comments: