Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cats, Dogs, and PCs

I wasn't feeling "quite right" when I arose this morning, so I contacted the Rs' family and returned to bed, having fed the kits and let them out for a short interval. While I now only feel sleepy, I otherwise feel much better.... and the kits are once again playing outside. I'll take Rosie and Remy out for an afternoon romp, shortly after I arrive at Suki and Boo's. Jim had told me they wanted to be on the road before 8 this morning, but Kathy called me at 9:30, and Jim is currently on-line, so I know they haven't yet left. We're supposed to reach the mid-80s today, while it was 38 when I first awoke; tomorrow the weather folks are calling for mid-70s, and maybe a high of 50 on Thursday, with rain. I just hope it's nice on Saturday - watching cross country jumping in the rain is not particularly fun, if you don't know any of the participants. (I probably won't be blogging at all this weekend, as I'm with Coffee, Sadie and Rusty - and no internet for me.) I'll try to spend a few hours with the kits on Friday, will be able to just do a pop-in visit on Saturday, but I'll return home Sunday evening and make up with them for lost time. - Shady slept through his Mom's return yesterday, while Cloudy heard Alexy's voice and came scampering out of the master bedroom to greet her.

The stupid virus the PC and I picked up a couple of weeks ago seems to have corrupted a lot of my files. I've got my genealogy research back and intact, and my virus and spysweeper is back and OK. But I spent yesterday afternoon and evening trying to up-load photos from my camera. The .Net Framework was corrupt, so I had to remove it and then replace it. My Kodak software still will not load, so I can't do anything with the photos that are now "stuck" in my camera drive. But I will persevere! I have learned a great deal about my PC during this time and hope to continue to do so (but, I keep forgetting what I've learned, also.... I'm getting old). If nothing else, I can download my software on Kathy and Jim's PC, process the photos and then e-mail them to myself... but I hope it doesn't come to that. I'll probably blog from K & J's tomorrow - so be prepared for odd-hours uploads, and possibly no blogs, until Monday...

No comments: