Monday, September 28, 2009

Cloudy and Shady

I hope to post some photos this evening when I return home - the blog looks odd to me without some photos. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous here - and I met one of the neighbors I didn't know, as well as her two cats, Bandit and Mollie. I met Leslie and her cats while searching for Shady, who loves Leslie's backyard. We ended up discussing all kinds of history and I had to return an hour later to scoop up Shady. Shady likes to make his appearance once I've stopped calling and jingling the bell for him - I'll turn around to return home and he'll be sitting directly in my line of sight, and will trot to the back door just ahead of me. Cloudy is more of a homebody and can usually be found near the kitchen door. - I get to sleep with my kits tonight, and I'm looking forward to it. Not that Cloudy and Shady aren't good bed buddies; it's just that they don't sleep in the positions Lovey and Banichi do; and, of course, they wouldn't, because they are not L & B. Tomorrow I start looking after Suki and Boo and on Thursday I switch over to Coffee, Rusty and Sadie - the weekend will be an interesting few days!

Jim McKay, the sportscaster, would have liked the finish of the Maryland Million Classic on Sunday. McKay, an owner and breeder of thoroughbreds, pushed for Maryland to have it's own Million Dollar Day of Racing - and managed to see a few of them before he passed away. Yesterday, the Jim McKay Classic was won by 2 1/2 lengths by a 4-year-old colt named Sumacha'hot; he was claimed last September for $5,000 by his current owner and trainer at the same track where he won the Graded Stakes Classic race yesterday. The colt won more money in the Classic than he has earned in his last 19 races combined. ... I was disappointed to see that the introductory remarks we saw on film from Ken Salazar at the Chautauqua preview were not included on the PBS version of The National Parks. Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed the first two-hour episode. ... I hope that your week isn't too stressful! Enjoy!

No comments: