Monday, September 21, 2009

Cool Weather, Last Day of Summer

About 30 minutes after I turned off my reading light last night, I heard Banichi talking to himself as he came down the hall. Therefore I wasn't surprised when he presented his shoestring to me - curling it up very precisely on my face, while sitting on my chest. (Lovey was snuggled up against my side between the flannel sheets.) It was a nice welcome home greeting. Having watched the weather forecasts carefully, I told the Rs' family that I would be taking today off, and not walking the kids. It's currently 42 degrees outside, and the temperature is still dropping; the snow line has been dropped to 7,000 feet, and a few flakes have been seen in both Boulder and Denver, mixed in with the light rain. It's quite a change from yesterday's 82 degrees with sun and a slight breeze!

I am booked to work from Friday the 25th through October 6th; 3 nights with Cloudy and Shady, 3 nights with Suki and Boo, 3 nights with Coffee and Rusty and Sadie, and 2 nights with Ooch. Then I'll be home with the kits for two nights, and then away for 4 with Sammie and Tupper - luckily, all the houses are in North Boulder, so I can easily get home to visit the kits each day! Lovey is currently curled up next to my pillow, and Banichi is curled up in his special chair; I have the window barely cracked open for fresh air. (And I put a handful of nuts out on the door sill for Gimpy...) I did not restart my PC last night, and am about to do so now. I have a Vaughn Monroe movie, The Man From Arizona, on as background noise... to drown out the squeals and yells of several small children who are visiting next door. And, Kathryn, I sent the CD-ROM on Friday.... let's see how long before it arrives at your house! Have a good week...

No comments: