Saturday, September 19, 2009

Home Game

I've had the red dogs out for a 90-minute walk this morning - it was 47 degrees, and the kids were very frisky. Today is a home game for CU; the Buffs are playing Wyoming - and it was amazing to see how many BMWs and large vehicles with Wyoming tags were parked in the front lot of the apartments this morning. Usually Jim has the barricades up before 7 - but they weren't in place when I walked in to see the kits this morning at 8:20, so the lot has filled with vehicles that plainly do not belong to us (po') tenants. The kits are playing outside in the sun, having eaten their breakfast as fast as they could, and then running out doors. There is so much activity that I have yet to see Gimpy - but there are people out in the backyard, and quite a few folks in the Harvest House parking lot on the other side of the fence, so he might be feeling shy.

I'm currently working on a crossword puzzle called "Shooting Stars" - a lot of the clues are just names of characters and the year a movie was first shown ... or something like: "Milburn from Gunsmoke". I'm not doing too badly, at the moment... I started reading The Founders on the Founders yesterday, and am finding it interesting, but not completely absorbing. And when I arrived home this morning, there was another book box sitting outside my door, so I now have the new New York at 400 to read, as well. According to the weather folks, the high temps are supposed to drop 25 degrees on Monday, after a cold front comes through. It's supposed to be 80 today and around 82 tomorrow; but the forecast is for snow above 7,500 Sunday night. (Boulder ranges from 1 mile to 6,000 feet.) I should be home by 6 p.m. tomorrow evening, so I'll completely restart the PC then - hopefully I can blog tomorrow from the Rs... Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: