Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Short Post Now, More Later Today

Well, today is the day. Rosie and Remy will be evaluated at the Humane Society to see if they are "vicious and aggressive" dogs. I think they'll pass the test with flying colors, if Joel doesn't get too tense. - And I wonder exactly how the dogs will be tested... will they walk a specific route with other dogs and people and critters ready and waiting for them to approach? Will they be inside a room and other creatures brought to greet them? Exactly how does it work? I hope that Joel will call me afterwards and let me know (a) how the testing is done and (b) how the kids performed. As soon as I know these things, I'll make another posting today. In the meantime, I'll give the kids a good walk prior to Joel taking them to the Humane Society....

Thanks to the particulates and ash in the air, the sunrise this morning was truly spectacular - oranges, reds and purples were spread across the eastern sky. The Flatirons are barely visible through the haze this morning, and the Health Department says that if your visibility is less than 5 miles today, then your air quality is "Poor." The Flatirons are a mile away, so I guess we have poor air quality; and the weather folks say it will stay this way for at least the next two days. Everything smells and tastes of smoke and ash - it's a rather bitter taste. It looks like I will be going to the Longs Peak Scottish/Irish Highland Festival up in Estes Park on September 12. If you're interested in what the 33rd annual festival entails, please visit: www.scotfest.com .... Later!

No comments: