Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cloudy Saturday

I'm looking out on Alexy's backyard.... Cloudy, the female tuxedo cat, is sitting beside a pile of leaves that has blown up against an urn at the end of the paved walk. Cloudy is watching an 8-point buck, who is browsing about 20 feet further away, and two does. Shady, the male black cat, is sitting on the steps to the office door, making up his mind about whether he wants back inside or not. (The cats have two kitty doors, but if either of them see you in a window, or by a door, then the human slave must open a door for the reigning beast.) I packed my alarm clock as the last thing this morning; Lovey and Banichi had both been out for about an hour, taking in the clouds and wind. As soon as I started closing my backpack, both kits came inside, sat down on either side of me and commenced a serenade. I apologized to them and told them I'd promised Alexy to be at her house by 9 a.m. Neither of my kits seemed impressed by that excuse. I'm looking forward to watching the Gators play this evening, and the Vikings play tomorrow. Other than that I have books to read, family members to investigate, and food to cook. I have to admit that I really miss feeding the birds at my apartment - I miss awakening to their songs and whistles, and I miss the "whirrr" of wings as a group flies away... A lot of birds are migrating now, and they remember that I had feeders out - there are always a few birds looking for food on the patio. (But that doesn't make up for the flocks that used to visit!)


No comments: