Monday, October 5, 2009

A Damp Day

It was cloudy earlier, but the humidity intensified, and we've had mist and light rain all morning. Lovey is laying across my chest and purring, while Banichi is looking at me from the bed while kneading the pillow. I had a good session with Jed this morning, then headed over to the Rs; it was raining then, so their walk was canceled, and I wandered over to take care of Ooch. Finally returned home, paid all my outstanding bills, and am now blogging. The kits demanded a lot of love last night, and I was more than happy to oblige them. I have to admit that I turned off the TV at 8 p.m. and snuggled into the flannel sheets, and knew no more until this morning. - The weatherman just said we're at our highest temperature for the day (56) and that we might reach 60 tomorrow; our usual highs for this time of year are the low 70s. The weather this past weekend was sunny and breezy but nice on Saturday, while yesterday was cloudy and cool. I will not be house-sitting for the trio of dogs and Frippet the frog again. If the owner contacts me to do so, I will nicely tell her that I'm already booked. I cannot stay sane and keep those three dogs separate and penned up all of the time - Jack Russells and Irish Setters need to be outside and to get plenty of exercise. (I'm not surprised that they're picking fights with each other, having spent 4 days and 3 nights with them!) I will miss the dogs as individuals,and I will miss Frippet, too - but it is not worth my sanity to continue to care for them.

Saturday, Jim looked in on the dogs for me, while Kathy and I traveled down to Parker. Neither of us had been to the Colorado Horse Park before, so it was a new experience for us both. The Mapquest directions were incorrect, but since I remembered the street address of the Park, we made the correct turns and finally arrived. The Park is huge and it took us quite a while to find the Cross Country course, which was separated from the main area by a paved road - but, oohh, what a Cross Country course! It covers a space two miles long and one and a half miles wide; there are at least two water features available for use; and the terrain is rolling hills with a couple of dry (this weekend, anyway) creek beds. We arrived at 8, and left about 4; then side-tracked over into old downtown Parker. There we enjoyed a Rio Grande caboose outside a dentist's office, walked over to a jewelers' who sent us to an Italian bakery (where we both succumbed and purchased sweets), and then into a fly fishing shop. Then we finally headed home; me to the 3 dogs and Frippet, and Kathy back to Jim and Suki and Boo. Hopefully I'll be able to upload my photos soon, so that I can share them.

No comments: