Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dogs and Kits and Trees

I'm amazed. For the first time in almost a week, one can look to the west and see the Flatirons and mountains instead of mist and cloud. It was a trifle difficult doing research yesterday afternoon and evening, as I constantly had one cat in my lap or on my chest, while the other was on the desk top. This is my fourth day home in a row (other than walking the Rs), and currently Lovey is perched on my chest, while Banichi is laying on the desk corner - and both are purring. I take this behavior to mean that they love me and are happy that I'm home, even if they are not the center of attention. Later in the evening, however, both of them will sit sideways in front of the monitor completely blocking my view until I turn the screen off and pay attention strictly to them. I did manage to trace Andrew Peterson's family back in time to Jens Rasmussen, who was born about 1670 and died in 1725 in Gylling. Then I had to find out about Gylling, which is on the eastern coast of Denmark on the Jutland peninsula. And I had to be sure I was reading about Gylling, and not Jelling, which is about 50 miles to the southwest, and was the site that Gorm and Harald Bluetooth ruled from.

Remy and Rosie and I had a great time on our walk yesterday. They were upstairs when I arrived and came running at my whistle, spinning like twin whirling dervishes in their happiness to go out. We walked over to the Elks Club and through the nursing home's park, then spent 10 minutes chasing the bone and looking for squirrels at Suki and Boo's. We then visited Brandi, and also swung over onto Emerald to visit Hila. We met several dogs out for walks, and the kids were on their best behavior. There were several cheeky squirrels that ran across our path, but the Rs only reacted by glancing at me to see if it was OK to chase them. Since I kept my vision directed forward, the dogs just continued forward at a walk, although their heads did follow the path of the squirrel. ... Barnes and Noble is having a 50% off sale both on-line and in their stores on a great number of DVDs. I'm tempted to get the Monty Python boxed set, myself. ... And Accomack County in Virginia is under a flood watch due to winds, extremely high tides and a pressure system. I wonder if Pop-pop's house will end up with another high-tide mark on the wall paper in the big kitchen? Enjoy the rest of your week, my friends!

No comments: