Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Home with the Kits

Wow! Lovey let me sleep until 7 again this morning; of course, it was snuggle weather, as it was 27 degrees outside at that time. (It was 17 in Alamosa this morning.) We're supposed to warm up to about 60 today, 70 tomorrow, then 50s on Thursday and Friday, and low 40s during the weekend, with snow possible. The kits are chasing each other in and out right now, as I have the patio door cracked open. It took me awhile to get my hair to cooperate this morning - Banichi sat on my left shoulder during the first half of the Vikings-Packers game, and groomed the left side of my head last night. It's amazing what kitty spit, a rough tongue, and teeth can do to one's hair! I had mini-dreadlocks all over ... Currently reading A Breed Apart by Pierre Davis, and find that I don't want to put it down. As I haven't been home a lot recently, I haven't seen Gimpy, but I set out a fresh supply of nuts for him by the door. Getting ready to make a last run to see Ooch before Connie returns, and then over to Rosie and Remy's for their walk. Then I must go grocery shopping - or the kits and I will have to do without food - and I can guarantee that the kits won't go hungry!

Sea the Stars won the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe this weekend, and it is possible that he'll skip the Breeders Cup, like Rachel Alexandra. Mi Suerta, a two-year old Graded (I) Stakes winner, has had to be retired due to a condylar fracture in her foreleg; plans are for her to become a broodmare next year. ... The cool weather is affecting me, as usual. I want to be outside. I want to visit places. I want to see old friends. I feel it's now time to start re-reading The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I want to start doing needlepoint and counted cross-stitch..... I'll be lucky if I can just make some headway doing genealogy research, because my mind will be all over the place.....

No comments: