Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Missing Kitties

The fire yesterday in Estes Park was pretty much contained. It damaged buildings on both sides but when the roof fell in, it was a done deal. Eight different businesses lost everything. I hope they had good insurance coverage. I spent yesterday walking the Rs, reading, and working on Mom's family tree. Then I watched the Broncos beat the Chargers - and curled my upper lip as I said the name "Philip Rivers." (Hint: Jane Eyre) It's currently 35 outside, after being in the 70s yesterday; we hope to reach 60 today, with rain this afternoon and snow tonight. The sunrise this morning painted the sky with rose and lavender clouds - I liked it. Spent a while chatting on the phone last night with my cousin in Missouri. Her two young cats disappeared 10 days ago, and now her adult (neutered) tom has disappeared, as well. Both of us think this is rather ominous; and she'll be out searching her property for any traces of Sam, Frank and Jesse today. I hope she finds them well. Lovey is sitting next to my right elbow, while Banichi is watching Gimpy eat his breakfast just inside the patio door.

I really don't have much else to say - I've been enjoying transcribing my records of Mom's family, finding little gems of information that I had forgotten, and pursuing further info that is now available on-line. I found we have a whole slew of Danish cousins in Utah that we knew nothing about, who trace back to my great-great-grandfather's sister. I'm awaiting a response to my e-mail to the person who posted their family info. And I'm still working on getting more information regarding Uncle Ben - my maternal grandfather's brother. We don't even know what his last name was.... Anderson, Johanesson, Johnson, or Jonason..... Have a good week!

No comments: