Friday, October 2, 2009

New Shoes

Oh, what a night.... Sadie alternately barked at nothing, went upstairs and whined at the door that Rusty and Coffee were behind, and came to my bedside and tossed toys upon me. I didn't get much sleep. While Rusty and Coffee had the run of the house last evening, Sadie sat at her door and barked and whined and scratched. I could not live with this situation if the dogs were mine. Happily, I return home Sunday evening. My kits were all cuddly and loving yesterday when I stopped by to see them. I had to purchase new walking shoes, sneakers, cross-trainers, whatever you want to call them yesterday. My toes had gotten a little damp wearing my sneakers back in September at the Scottish Irish Festival in Estes Park. Yesterday, after walking Rosie and Remy, my feet were down right wet. I looked at the soles of my Reeboks and found that the cushioning gel patches had worn away from the rest of the sole, and every time I took a step, the bottom of the sole opened wide. So I'm wearing a new pair of New Balance 407s today. It was 26 degrees this morning, and I wore my burgundy knitted hat and scarf this morning. I'll be taking them with me to the Cross Country in Parker tomorrow as well. Don't expect another posting from me until sometime on Monday - and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: