Friday, October 9, 2009

Sammie

OK... if you were interested in Keith Olbermann's comment on Health Care Reform, but could not view the video for whatever reason, the transcript of the comment may be read, copied, or printed from: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33224967/ns/msnbc_tv-countdown_with_keith_olbermann/ Back to my usual topics... Sammie, the Samoyed I'm taking care of, has never before been left by both of his "parents." He appears to think I have spirited them away with some evil purpose. He will take a treat from my hand, but only with his body braced, and neck and head at full extension. He will eat the food I give him, but he doesn't want me to approach any nearer than about five feet. This has meant I've been unable to walk him; at least he has a large yard in which he can exercise and relieve himself. I've met Sammie out on the trails, sidewalks, and in the dog park near his home; I've visited for a couple hours at a time when his people were here. He has always been a very friendly, loving and happy dog in the company of Barbara and Bill; not so with only me. This afternoon I'll be sitting in the floor with a treat, in hope that he will approach me and not be completely freaked out. Tuppurr, on the other hand, I have taken care of previously - and he rubbed up against me he minute I came in the door. He spent a lot of time curled up next to me, or in my lap, or on top of the chair back, and in bed with me last night. I vaguely remember Tuppurr walking across me to exit the bed early this morning; but it was the sound of paper crinkling in the kitchen that alerted me something was up at 4 a.m. I came downstairs and found that Tupps had gone inside my backpack and discovered a package of chicken breast jerky, which he promptly opened and was not sharing with Sammie. I made sure that Sammie received a piece, had to battle Tupps for the package, and then locked the package and my backpack inside the pantry. I'm about to go walk Rosie and Remy, as it is cold here, but no longer spitting from the sky... then I'll visit my kits and come back to try and woo Sammie....

No comments: