Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Silent, White World

According to my metal measuring tape, which I plunged into the snow, there are 26 inches of snow in my backyard. It's still coming down, and the weather folks are saying that before this storm ends, another 4 to 10 inches will accumulate. No sign of Gimpy, the squirrel, in this frigid weather; I don't know if he could make it through the drifts in some areas of the backyard... but I have nuts out and waiting for him. The edges of the patios are damp, but clear, and Lovey and Banichi chased each other a bit this morning. Then they both came in, cleaned their tootsies, and Lovey is now in bed, while Banichi is guarding the hallway door. CU closed at 3 p.m. yesterday, but says classes will go on as scheduled today. Boulder Valley schools were closed both yesterday and today, making kids happy and making parents grind their teeth. I walked to Safeway early yesterday, and then over to Sunflower a little later. Was able to get a quart of strawberries for $2.50, so I've been nibbling on them since noon; when I awoke this morning, the whole apartment smells like strawberries. Mmmmmm!! I'm not sure if I'll cook, order out, or defrost something to eat for supper today. I need to step into the lobby and check my mail, plus put my City ballot into the out-going stuff, sometime. I finished a mystery yesterday, as well as getting more of Mom's family tree put into my database. At least I still have 6 more "new" books to read and a bunch of favorite oldies to fall back on.... Take care!!!

No comments: