Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sleety Sunday

For 8 hours yesterday, there were 2 bucks and 6 does sleeping in the backyard. Right now it's sleeting out, and both Cloudy and Shady are inside, chasing each other and their toys. I'll run home to check on Lovey and Banichi in a little while, love them, feed them, check their water, and clean their boxes; then I'll be back here with Alexy's crew. The local weatherman is saying that the sleet will turn to snow by two this afternoon, and that Boulder will have 1 to 6 inches of snow in the morning (I am glad that I brought my snow boots along!). I'll have to see what it's like in the morning before deciding about walking the Rs. I enjoyed all of yesterday's collegiate football games - except for 4 of them; CU, CSU and Air Force, and Mizzou all lost - ouch! Oops! I see snow flakes outside mixed in with the sleet....
I read a Martha's Vineyard mystery yesterday, did three crossword puzzles, and made marinara with meat to place over the cappellini that I cooked up at halftime during the Gators' game. I went over to Connie's a little after the noon hour and clipped Ooch's claws for her - it takes one to hold him and one to cut. Connie had just returned from a protest at the Valmont Coal Power Plant - she had a blast. ... Today, my hat is off to Cloudy's Knight (and his owners and trainers): he's a 9-year-old Thoroughbred, a gelded son of Lord Avie, and he just won the one-and-a-half mile Sycamore (on the turf) at Keeneland. He's still racing because he's a gelding, and because he is continuing to win. - I salute a brave old campaigner!

No comments: