Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Weather

Monday morning it was cloudy and humid here; yesterday it was mostly sunny with a few high cirrus clouds and a cool breeze; today a combination of rain and snow is falling (and I've cancelled the morning walk with Rosie and Remy). A couple of hours after returning home yesterday I realized that my my throat was sore and that I was "hacking" from a throat tickle. Immediately I went to the cupboard, got out the tea bags and honey and started dosing myself; plus I had home-made chicken soup for a late lunch and for supper. I made raspberry pancakes for breakfast today. - The kits are pretty bummed out about the weather; they've been running in and out most of the past afternoons and evenings. After a brief excursion out into the precipitation this morning, Lovey walked across my chest with muddy paws and complained loudly about the wetness. Banichi just stuck his head out the patio door and then retired to his closet hidey-hole for a good sleep. (I feel like doing that, myself.)

Still discovering new things about Mom's family - found out a great aunt who had been married twice actually married three times, each time moving further north on the shore. And rootsweb.com, one of my favorite stopping places for possible new info, had a hardware problem yesterday and it caused my PC to shut down three times. Supposedly the problem will be "fixed" by noon today. I've been spending a lot of my time checking out info on familysearch.org, the Church of Latter Day Saints (or Mormon) site - but I'm also double checking the info on Mom's family via the Mears Collection, an assortment of books, manuscripts, and records available on-line through the Eastern Shore Library, as well as checking names and dates in the US Census through Heritage Quest on-line. I'll soon have to visit the public library for free access to ancestry.com .... (and I've got 6 books to return, as well).....

No comments: