Saturday, October 10, 2009

Wrong Again!

The local weather people got it wrong again. Yesterday on the morning, noon, and evening forecasts the weather people from three different networks each assured me that Boulder would get "a dusting to an inch of snow" from our current storm, and that there might be enough snow to have a little accumulation on grassy areas. When I let Sammie out for the last time last night, there was already a half-inch of snow on the deck. There were a good 4 inches on the deck when we got up this morning - and I took (yea!) Sammie out for a walk around Wonderland Lake with the temperature at 18, and the snow is still falling... Sammie finally decided around 8 last night that since my pockets and hands were full of doggie treats and cat treats (for Tupps) I couldn't be all that bad. And it seems that he absolutely loves my pie crust - I made a pumpkin pie yesterday afternoon. So at least my caring for Sammie won't be difficult for the rest of the time. Tuppurr just snuggled up as close to me as he could get in bed last night, and seemed quite content. I visited and loved my kits yesterday afternoon, gave them goodies and catnip and lots of love, then headed back to Sammie and Tupps. The Rs were in rare form, and were totally delightful on their walk - I kept them out for 80 minutes and we had a blast. Watching college games today and tonight.... will be back home by 6 p.m. tomorrow so I can sleep in my own bed for a while.....

No comments: