Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hey, Again!

Well, I seem to have screwed up my computer more than I realized... and, not having a credit card, I'll have to wait until March 1st to get my PC back from the guys who have fixed it. It's no big deal. But I won't be posting regularly until I get my tower back....
I never thought I'd be excited about the Winter Olympics, but since so many of the US team live, play and practice in Boulder and the surrounding area, I find that I'm excited and hopeful for the youngsters I've come to know through local events. At the moment, my favorite is Shaun White - that young man has charisma! (And he'd rather be known as Animal, the band drummer from Sesame Street, this year, rather than the Flying Tomato.) I've met Gretchen (her surname has escaped me) and Lindsey Vonn and both are very nice young ladies. I don't know anything about the ice skaters this year, other than a pair have been stranded in Philadelphia due to the east coast's blizzard....
Alexy had a Golden Eagle in her backyard the other day, and sent me photos - the magpies, crows, and ravens were keeping up a horrendous outcry, so she went out to check on her cats, and saw the eagle in her cottonwood tree. She said it's wing spread was at least 6-feet, when it flew away (after inspecting her and her camera quite closely). The kits are fine - Lovey is sleeping on my heart as much as she can; Banichi curls up next to my hip or on my neck. The Rs, Suki and Boo, and Brandi are fine. On the 21st I start taking care of critters in Brighton ( a 50 to 60 minute drive), but I'll be home and walking the Rs every other day. Then I get to gird up for the onslaught of Spring Break and back-to-back-to-back bookings.
Oh, and be glad you can not see me. Two weekends ago, something bit or stung my upper lip just below my left nostril. I had an allergic reaction to it, and the bite swelled up to the size of a golf ball, completely blocking my nose. Now all the skin has sloughed off, leaving a huge scab on my left upper lip. Two days ago, my recurrent shingles showed up on my right nostril... I look like I need to wipe my nose all the time and/or just get a new one!
Take care of yourselves, my friends!

No comments: