Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Back in Brighton, Reprise

I will be heading in to Boulder in a few minutes to visit my kits, walk the Rs and pay my rent. I also have to visit the library, as I have books due. Honeybun snuck into my bedroom last night without my knowledge and I awoke this morning to find her curled up next to me and purring. After dressing, I took her down to the basement where all the cat food bowls and litter boxes are. Someone is growling on the stairs right now, but I don't know which of the five cats it is. I did get to see NCIS last night, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I finished James Rollins' Altar of Eden yesterday, and started re-reading Crocodile on the Sandbank, the first Amelia Peabody adventure. I also made a large pot of bean and ham soup - Anasazi, Great Northern, and Pinto beans, diced ham, and in the last hour, corn and green beans, too - which Kelly and I devoured. Mike won't be returning from St. Louis until late Saturday night, so I won't get back to my own bed and Lovey and Banichi until Sunday...
I spent most of yesterday assisting Kelly and Mary (the twice a month housekeeper) clean the house and generally tidy up. Nikki, the German Short-haired Pointer, occasionally has bladder problems due to emergency surgery to remove a foreign object from her intestinal tract, and she drenched the master bed yesterday morning - so a lot of the time went into cleaning, mopping, sanitizing, and deodorizing the king sized bed and surrounding area, plus washing all the blankets and bed clothes. And it took all three of us to man-handle that double-thick king-sized mattress!
March, usually the month with the most snow fall in Colorado, has arrived deceptively nicely. The temperatures in the daytime are in the mid-50s and in the mid-20s at night. The sun is a frequent companion. Which makes me wonder what Mother Nature is up to... Are we going to get a horrendous blizzard later in the month? Or will El Nino keep us warm in March and then deliver a knock-out punch in early April? I certainly don't know which will occur.
Cheerio, my friends, and have a good day!

No comments: