Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Deer in the Yard

There is frost on the grass in the backyard, and a herd of seven mule deer are grazing in the sunshine. There are also a great many robins seeking a meal in the grass, also. Shady and Cloudy are out for their morning meander through the neighborhood, and I'll be walking Rosie and Remy within the hour. Then I'll spend the afternoon with my kits at home. My sister Kathy called last night and brought me up to date on some of the family happenings - mostly that niece Sarah has been accepted at Grad School at CU for the September session, and she will be learning the ropes of running a museum.
I told Kathy that cousin Sarah has been looking at engagement rings with Jeremy, and that she'll be moving to Wichita in May. I walked to the Safeway grocery store last night, and brought back my purchases, a three mile round trip on top of walking Rosie and Remy yesterday afternoon. I finally finished The Silent Sea last night - Alexy has a large collection of early- and first edition books that she is allowing me to look at and read while she is gone, so I will have plenty to occupy me, as well as doing research.
The microfilm that I ordered from Toronto has arrived, so I must also visit the Carnegie Library this week and try to find mention of of Tina Pihl's birth mother in the City records. At least I know what her birth-mother's surname was. I had a super time tracing a single branch of Kelly's family back to a man who was captured in Palestine during the Last Crusade and brought back to be "civilized" in France. He was Reginald leTurk (aka Arnold the Turk), and died in France in 1554, having married a French lady and having a multitude of children. That's one of the reasons I think history is so much fun!!

No comments: