Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Saint Patrick's Day!

I'm wearing my black T-shirt that says "A Little Irish" beside the drawn figure of a female in a green skirt, a white and green bodice and socks, and Irish dancing clogs. Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all and sundry! Jeffrey, my husband, was very proud to be an Irishman, and with the surname of Devine, I think I can claim to be a little Irish, too. It's bright and sunny out, and we expect a high of 64 today. Every thing is greening up - the snowdrops and crocus are beginning to bloom - a perfect day to celebrate Ireland, all things Irish, and the Welsh boy who became an Irish slave, converted to the Christian faith, and returned to preach the gospel where he had once been a slave. Cloudy and Shady are both rolling and scratching themselves on the concrete walkway in the backyard, and are being ogled by the deer.
My, my, I have been out of touch... There are 6 Saturdays between now and the Kentucky Derby, and I have no idea who is likely to run, let alone whom I'll bet on. The Colorado Horse Park down in Parker is starting to rev itself up for the next 7 months of non-stop showing, and I'm looking forward to the Rolex Three Day Event at the Kentucky Horse Park. Of course, I'm booked solid for taking care of critters and houses through August, so I don't know if I'll really get to enjoy any out-doors things, other than walking Rosie and Remy and my other charges.
Today I'll walk the Rs, spend some time with my kits at home, and visit the Carnegie Library to view the microfilm that has arrived from Toronto. Since I relaxed last night, watching NCIS and then looking at magazines and catalogs, I'd best do some research tonight. Don't eat too much corned beef and cabbage, and don't drink too much green beer!

No comments: