Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Short Hair Again

Yea! I have short hair again! With my normal color, this cut looks like someone transferred Mark Harmon's NCIS haircut onto my head. It feels great - even though we are expecting snow this afternoon. The almost complete cloud cover caused just a line of orange to be seen at the eastern horizon during sunrise this morning. Brandi and I were out walking early; and I'm due at the Rs in an hour. Today is trash day in the neighborhood, so I've already visited all four houses and taken out both trash cans (the recyclables, and the regular trash); and the recycling truck has just passed by. I'm glad I got everything out in time for the early pick-up. Normally, I'd have put the recycling out last night, but the wind was really starting to howl, and I didn't want to have to chase the contents of four large containers all over creation this morning. Currently, it's just gray and damp outside (yes, damp! - Humidity is at 85%, while it was at 14% yesterday).
My kits were even less happy with me when I left them yesterday. Lovey and Banichi jumped onto me, with Lovey perched on my shoulder, and Banichi in my midsection, when I arrived. I fed them and they looked at the food and then came over and attached themselves to me again without even tasting their favorite goody. Luckily, I'll be home on the 29th, and then in Niwot for 2 nights, and then back at home for a week. I hope that will ease their (and my) separation anxiety. I sat and read to the kits yesterday - we were exploring with Hosteen Storm in an Andre Norton novel. I'll finish it with the Rs this morning and my kits this afternoon. I also need to visit the library and get some new books to read - Take care, all...

No comments: