Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wet,Heavy Snow

I didn't blog yesterday because Alexy's PC has lost it's "connectivity with the world wide web." I honestly don't know how it happened, but unless I want to write a letter and print it for myself, I can't use it for anything. Tuesday was an interesting day - warm but cloudy in the morning, around half-past noon it started to rain and thunder; about 2:30 it was large, heavy drops of rain coming down with large snow flakes mixed in (and I do mean large - it looked liked shredded tissue had been added to the rain); by 3:30 it was all snow, and we had 11 inches fall during the evening. Nasty wet, heavy snow. I was privileged enough to get to shovel the porches and walkways of five residences.... At least I'm not taking care of houses and pets near NCAR in southwest Boulder - they got 24+ inches.
Yesterday dawned clear and cold (17 degrees), but it was up to 53 degrees before 5:30 yesterday afternoon... Snow that fell on pavement, cement, or rocks was completely melted by nightfall. I was wandering between houses wearing a sweater and not my coat. When I was out on my rounds late Tuesday, I encountered a 10-point buck between Alexy's and the Rs house; we both stopped and looked at each other, and then he walked slowly across the road in front of me. Yesterday afternoon, I came upon two does eating a newly broken tree branch. They froze, and I quietly clicked my tongue at them, and walked by within 3 feet of both of them. I was amazed that they didn't break and run. The foxes have been busy in the snow, too. I am constantly finding new prints all around Alexy's yard.
I am heading home to my kits, being currently at the library. I read Impact yesterday, and started a new Joe Grey mystery last night. The more I read about Joe, the more I identify him with Banichi... That's it! I need to go home and love my kits!

No comments: