Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Where Do I Live?

Gee, guess where I am writing from this morning.... Brighton. I had hoped to spend this week at home with Lovey and Banichi, but Mike got sent to St. Louis again for HP, so I'll be here until next Sunday morning... Honeybun was ecstatic to see me, as was Kohlbi. And as soon as I sat on the sofa, I had Shadow and Natasha in my lap. Mike left for the airport around 5 this morning; the dogs made such a racket that I fed them at 6:30; and Honeybun is asleep on my pillow. I will be heading back to Boulder every morning this week except Saturday - to see my kits and to walk Rosie and Remy. It rained here yesterday, and the weather folks are forecasting light snow for tomorrow and flurries on Thursday. March is usually the month Boulder and the metro Denver area get the most snow, with April coming in a close second. I do know that it was snowing in Nederland and up at the Eldora ski area yesterday.
Lovey and Banichi clung to me Sunday and Monday; and I clung back to them. Mike received word about travelling to St. Louis at 9:30 yesterday morning, and he and Kelly picked me up and took me out to dinner at 4:45 yesterday afternoon. I splurged and had a chocolate milkshake, mozzarella cheese sticks, and a grilled chicken sandwich. Yesterday evening, Kelly and I watched Wallace and Grommet and the Mystery of the Were-Rabbit before heading for bed. Kelly is still in bed with Charlie, but I have the rest of the critters out here in the living area with me. Nikki wants to go sit in front of the bedroom door and whine, and I keep calling her to me and telling her to shush. I will place her and Kohlbi in their kennels when I leave for Boulder, and hope they won't disturb Kelly too much. I hope to get some genealogy research done this afternoon, but there is no way I'd guarantee it.
Today is trash pick-up day, so I have to remember to take the can out to the street before I drive off to my kits.... Hope you folks have a good week!

No comments: