Monday, April 5, 2010

A New Hard Drive Later....

My PC collapsed on me on Christmas Eve. I knew it was infected with a Mal-Ware virus. I just hadn't realized that the virus had corrupted the entire running system. I pick up my new hard drive tower today. So, three months later, and almost $800 in the hole, I should be able to set up my PC on my desk in my apartment, and write my blog from my home, with my kits in attendance. - Yes, I am extremely egocentric today. I am currently at Ooch's house - he had his twentieth birthday last week, and is still his usual feisty self (for me anyway). Brandi is barking across the street, in her yard, and occasionally Suki and Boo join in. I'll soon be headed over to Remy and Rosie's to take them for their morning walk.
The Santa Anita Derby was won by a long-shot, who led from the beginning. Garrett Gomez, riding the favorite, was cut off by jockey Victor Espinoza's mount, and had to virtually stop the favorite with 5/16ths of a mile to go, or run directly into the horse and rider and have a nasty accident. The Stewards banned Espinoza for 3 days of racing because of his poor decisions made while riding. After the race, at the weighing-in area, Gomez punched Espinoza; and Gomez received a $750 fine. Now I really wish I had seen the race! The 7.2 earthquake in Baja struck yesterday while 7 horses and jockeys were competing in a one mile turf race. Track announcer Trevor Denman stated that the quake began at the half-mile marker, and while the folks on the grounds and in the stands knew what the happening, the jockeys riding the race were oblivious to the ground shaking....
Yesterday was Easter Sunday, and I walked over to the local bakery for fresh Hot Cross Buns at 8 a.m. I was chatting with one of the employees when Brian, another worker, came by and asked if he were seeing things... Was it really snowing outside? It was 42 degrees outside, the sun was shining brightly, the sky was a brilliant blue, and it snowed for almost 20 minutes. Of course, there was no accumulation due to the warmth - but it certainly looked mystical.

No comments: