Saturday, May 29, 2010

Be It Ever So Humble...

Lovey slept on my chest all night in our bed - me being her bed, while my body was in the bed. She was very fussy when I left to go to the store this morning, but when I returned and showed her nothing but kitty food and kitty treats in the bag, she began to purr. She has spent the past 45 minutes exploring the back yard, and is now sprawled on the tile floor, as it's rather warm outside already. I say it's warm because while I'm sitting here at the desk, my neck and the back of my head is sweating to the extent that my hair is wet. Lovey and I are happy to be together again at home.
Steve and Indi were ecstatic when their folks arrived yesterday evening. I thought both dogs would injure themselves in their wiggle and jump dance to greet Laura and Cory. Laura's luggage did not make it back with them, so we are all crossing our fingers that it will show up, as it contains her favorite clothing. Four men tried to mug Cory in St. Petersburg, but he was able to hit a couple of them and yell at the top of his lungs, so they did not steal anything. And my gifts from Russia are breath-takingly beautiful, and are perfectly suited for me.
I think that Lovey and I will just relax around the house today. I might go down to the Boulder Creek Festival tomorrow and take a look around. Monday, all I have to do is carry a chair out to the parking lot, and I'll have a curb-side view of the Bolder Boulder race. A fun, relaxing weekend in which to contemplate the gift of freedom given by our military heroes.....

No comments: