Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Carousel of Happiness

The Carousel of Happiness will celebrate its Grand Opening at 10 a.m. Saturday in Nederland. I certainly wish I was going to be there. Scott Harrison has crafted 58 creatures for the ride, carving, painting and detailing them since 1985. He originally envisioned this carousel while serving in Viet Nam in 1968; and it will become a reality in three days' time. Carousel of Happiness is a non-profit organization, run on, and with, donations, that is dedicated to helping children with disabilities (especially those living in mountain towns). For more information, a look at the carousel critters, and an interview with Mr. Harrison, please visit http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_15161450#axzz0p31ZPHI5
The kids aren't happy with me, as I've closed off the doggie doors into the backyard. Today is yard service day, and I've picked up poop and gathered toys from all over the back yard - and opened the door into the front garden, but the kids are still unhappy; even though we've had breakfast, walked, and they've had both their teeth and bodies brushed. At least I know they'll be happy sometime on Friday when their parents return home. - We play, we wrestle, we tug toys, and I give them lots of love and treats - but I'm just not their real people. (I had thought and hoped that Laura and Cory had seen the big bridge swaying like mad over the Volga River - but I looked up the place on the map, and found that they are far, far away from that incident. Rats.) But Lovey and I will be home together Friday night or Saturday morning, so I will be content.

No comments: